Thursday 3 July 2014

Cot Cover DIY

Good morning everyone out there. Today I thought I'd show you this little throw I did for the cot about a week ago. I don't have a tutorial for this one as I really struggled to get things right. I don't know how many stitches I've ripped up and sewn over again and again lol. Who would have thought that a flat throw would be so hard to make huh?! Well not me anyway, but I go there in the end and it turned out super cute once all the obstacles were over come.
 I also made heart bunting to hang over the cot, with the left over fabric. I will show you photos of the whole baby corner once I'm done with it. Starting to get a bit frustrated now as I am running out of time.
 It is strange how obsessed you get with becoming a mum. You don't want to do anything else than baby stuff. I don't want to work or anything and if I have to I go into a grump cause I can't make baby stuff. The pregnancy hormones are really something I can tell you that much. You can go from feeling on top of the world to just start crying hysterically in a second. But you can always look back at it after and have a good laugh about it anyway. It is quite comical to be honest.

 I am in love with the colours! I found it so hard to find a fabric that I liked. Here in the UK everything is sooooo pink for girls and soooo blue for boys that it is driving me mad. I really don't like the fact that everything have to be pink for girls and blue for boys. I thought this was old news but it is still so obvious. So I don't know but I love blue and so blue it is for my baby girl.
 It almost look professional if you turn it over too lol ;)
 And here is is in the cot....
 The bunting looks so cute. I don't know if she'll notice, but it is nice for me to look at too. I'm going to order some fairy light that I've found on Etsy, with little elephants on as well. I think it'll be nice for her to look at when it's dark. Then she can dream of happy elephants instead of having nightmares. I like to think that soft toys and trinkets around your bed takes away bad thoughts and nightmares. I always felt that they protected me when I was a kid.
Yet again I have saved loads of money making this by myself. A throw like this costs between £45-£70 in the shops and I think that is outrageous. It cost me £10 and a few hours of my day, which compared to the price above, is absolutely nothing! If you don't know much about sewing then there is plenty of free tutorials online that will help you through the process step by step. Don't go out spending a fortune if you don't have to. And yet again, there is nothing like the feeling of making things yourself. You just feel so proud.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Love the cozy little bed area. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete